Dutch Hybrid alternative for the Tesla PowerWall
How incredible would it be to use your own generated solar or wind power whenever you want. Or sell if you don’t use the energy. With only the touch of a button.
Due to the special Lead Crystal® batteries, you are now able to store solar, wind or grid energy fast and safely. You can use the storage energy day or night, to run all your electric devices like TV, coffee machine, dish washer, laptop and lighting in your house. You will become less grid dependent, saving significantly on energy costs, and contribute to a greener planet.
The Dutch company Hybrid introduced an alternative of the Tesla PowerWall. The company claims to offer a battery which is safer, more circular, more modular and cheaper than the PowerWall. According to Sales director Pim Kemper, the difference is that they don’t use the Li-Ion, but the patented Lead-Crystal technology. This technology is safer because it doesn’t have the risk on fire because of a short circuit. Besides, it’s cheaper and will store the energy for a longer period of time comparing to lithium. Additionally discharge is possible and ambient temperatures are not an issue for the performance.
The secret formula is the composition of the electrolyte. The white fabric crystal feels like paraffin or wax, contains 1.75 to 3 percent sulfuric acid and is completely safe. Initially it was a liquid. During the filling of the battery you can just stab your hand in it. After Hybrid has loaded the batteries – 8 to 10 times in 72 hours charging and discharging – the electrolyte crystallizes between the lead plates and after that, the battery is ready.
That’s why they called it: Lead Crystal. The crystals, and thus the small amount of acid, are evenly distributed over the lead plates. As a result, there occurs no corrosion or sulfation, something which is the case for lead acid batteries.
At the same time the chemical composition has been changed so much that it can not be traced back to the original formula of the electrolyte. So you can not apply a ‘reverse engineering’.
Advantages of the lead crystal battery
- 10 degrees above the specifications in the datasheet, a lead acid battery loses half of its capacity. In (sub) tropical regions, that’s about half of its efficiency. A lead crystal battery only looses only 13 per cent 10 degrees. The lifetime is several times higher.
- With less failures, damages and losses, the ‘return on investment’ is considerably better than lead acid batteries.
- The battery dry state occurs no sulfur gas emissions and this battery can be installed in any position.
- The Lead Crystal battery can be discharged partly or even completely (even up to 1 Volt), without this being at the expense of the capacity and lifetime. This is not only more efficient but also cheaper.
- Inverting power from 1 kW to 30 kW single phase and 10 kW to 60 kW 3 phase (systems can be chained together for even more power)
- The batteries are made in one piece. In contrast to lithium-ion batteries, they do not need expensive BMS (Battery Management System), which determines a large part of the production cost. Lithium-ion batteries consist small cells to communicate via a BMS to include temperature and voltage with each other.
- The batteries can be safely transported by air. Home batteries based on lithium-ion can not be transported with planes. Once these systems catch fire, they create their own oxygen which means they start to burn.
- The Life Cycle Assessment has shown that the Lead Crystal battery backup device takes at least 3,300 cycles at 50% discharge. That number of cycles corresponds to a service life of about 10 years.
- All-in-one system (no separate inverter, chargers or other electrical components required)
- It’s just ‘plug and play’ with a cable to the network and cable to the PV panel. As a user, you only have to press the on / off button. So it remains attractive for both the distributor and installer and the consumer.
- Special mobile app (optional extra)
- Designed in the Netherlands, made locally
- Manufacturers backed warranty
4 types of Lead Crystal batteries
Hybrid Lead Crystal batteries are available in four different categories: Battery back up available from 2,4 kWh to 260 kWh
1. Hybrid Leisure
Single phase system for recreational vehicles, small remote (holiday) houses, boats, etc.
2. Hybrid Home
Single phase system for residential use.
3. Hybrid Tower
Single or three phase system for large residents and small businesses.
4. Hybrid Wall
Three phase system with modular energy storage capability, up to 230kW possible.
Ph. +31 88 – 0186 220
- Blue Ion Continuum – powerfull home battery
- New plug-and-play home battery system saves money by avoiding high energy rates
- 5 trends in energy storage systems
- Orison plug and play home battery system
- Smart Grid Battery: Lithium-ion Battery
- Smart Grid Project – Electric transport and decentralized electricity generation
- Apple is working on a battery that can last for weeks
- Solar flow battery outperforms lithium-iodine batteries +20%
- Expected: sustainable battery from sea salt
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you to find high qualified leads and sales partners
Send us your question: firstname.lastname@example.org