A Road From Recycled Plastic
VolkerWessels construction company introduced the concept Plastic Road; a concept of plastic that is circular, quick to apply and also hardwearing.
Plastic offers lots of advantages both in construction and in the maintenance of roads.
- It is maintenance free product
- Barely wearable
- The material is impervious to weather
- Plastic is resistant to heavy frost and extreme heat
Forty degrees of frost or eighty degrees above zero for plastic roads will be no problem
VolkerWessels claims that the roads are built with 100 percent recycled material. Plastics are processed into ‘prefab’ road segments: industrial road sections which are completely transported to the new road. The road can be build in a short period of time. Moreover, because of the hollow structure there is room for other infrastructure such as cables, pipes and water.
The first candidate for a plastic road is the city of Rotterdam. That municipal wants to participate in a trial.
We are hoping to gain insight about the consequences for motorcyclists. What will be the grip of the plastic surfaces?
- Permeable concrete for save dry roads
- Save space with water storage beneath roads
- Solar road, save and green
- Cool Ways To Get Sustainable Cities
- Plastic Recycling to top quality final products
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
Ask us your question: firstname.lastname@example.org