BAMB New Business Models
BAMB 2020 is creating new business models to accelerate a circular use of materials, building components and/or building elements.
The business models will look into ways to create added value for each stakeholder and the identification of current bottlenecks within this new value chain. Developing business models will also require the identification of the business capabilities that are needed to be built/enhanced for the prioritized business components.
The focus is on:
- the value adding opportunities to leverage the Material Passports concepts and tools to enable sustainable improvements to the existing value chain
- the value adding opportunities to leverage the Reversible Building Design concepts and tools to enable sustainable improvements to the existing value chain
- the critical success factors for future use of the different components of the project
- the needs and desires from a market perspective of the different stakeholders in the value chain related to material passport and reversible building design
- value propositions, revenue model and insights on the enterprise model and industry networks
In the EU project BAMB 2020 a new business model has been developed, based on the 2 BAMB pillars “Material Passport” and “Reversible Building Design”. The project team is focussing on creating a business model outline from an industry perspective. Therefore the value network approach will be used to understand the important business links between the current and emerging roles in the industry.
With some recent developments in Sweden (VAT on reuse and labor, new CO2 taxes), Netherlands (tax depended on production and reuse of buildings) and USA (20% reuse in new buildings), there is a new legislation which will directly drive ‘reuse demand’. A material bank will be required to meet the new and emerging demand.
Profitable and Sustainable
The BAMB business model focussen on profitable and sustainable. The aim is to develop a (digital) information platform for:
- capturing data
- maintaining data
- exchanging data
Example: the impact of performance based contracts (examples with KONE, Mitsubishi Elevators, Philips Lighting), regulatory/ legislation on CO2 footprint reduction in tendering, banks/ financiers that use circular credit ratings, etc.
Already many different business models have been described for a part of the roles in the construction industry and might already exist in different companies. But there are for sure new things included as legislation, regulatory rules, technology enablers, new emerging roles (like Urban Mining companies) that would influence the (integrated) BAMB business model(s).
- Circular Architects – first looking at available used products before designing
- Urban Miners – buying buildings and monetize on reuse of products, components and materials
Stakeholders can contact or participate in the business model Special Interest Group.
- EU Materials Passport Platform ready for testing
- Circular insulation materials for a better future
- Green Cement is a growing Market
- BioBased Material 20% Better Insulation
- New: Carbon absorbing stone
- BWConstructions Green Architecture and Urban Development
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
mail to: email@example.com