Blue Ion Continuum – powerful home battery
The new Blue Ion Continuum battery stores more solar energy than the Tesla’s Powerwall, and it is reportedly made of sturdier stuff.
This home battery was launched by one of the co-founders of The Tetris Company, Henk Rogers.
After a heart attack, Henk Rogers has found a new mission: ‘to end the use of carbon-based fuel’. Frustrated by the government’s slow movement on the issue, he realized better energy storage could help things along.
Rogers: “Wind and solar have become commodities, they’re so cheap, and yet battery is still a luxury.”
Continuum: a game changer
The eight kilowatt-hour Blue Ion Continuum battery is a potential game changer.
- it stores more energy than the 6.4 kilowatt-hour Powerwall
- it’s made of better materials
- Blue Ion Continuum batteries run on Sony’s lithium ferrous phosphate batteries
- The Powerwall runs on lithium cobalt manganese batteries
- According to Rogers, phosphate and iron are ‘cheap and benign’ while cobalt and manganese are ‘expensive and dangerous’
- Blue Ion Continuum’s warranty is better too
- After 15 years, the warranty says the Blue Ion Continuum will still have 75 percent capacity
- The Powerwall warranty is 10 years
- The Blue Ion Continuum is more expensive than the Powerwall
- it will run homeowners $12,950, not including installation
- but because the battery’s warranty is longer, Blue Energy Planet says overall ‘lifecycle costs’ for their battery will end up being less than the Powerwall.
From 8 kW
The eight kilowatt-hour battery will provide storage for a three-person family, but families can purchase more units that fit together almost like Tetris blocks from Blue Planet Energy. Their Power Up unit offers 12 kilowatt-hours, and their Power All unit offers 24 kilowatt-hours. The units stack together to easily provide more power.
Available from 2017
Homeowners can preorder the Blue Ion Continuum now, and should receive the battery in early 2017.
Honolulu, HI 96813
- Dutch Hybrid alternative for the Tesla PowerWall
- 5 questions about the Tesla PowerWall
- New plug-and-play home battery system saves money by avoiding high energy rates
- 5 trends in energy storage systems
- Smart Grid Battery: Lithium-ion Battery
- Orison plug and play home battery system
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you to find high qualified leads and sales partners
Send us your question: email@example.com