Climate Change – Celebs saving the world in Davos
They are not the only world known stars.
Matt Damon and Goldie Hawn will also start the discussion with 45 presidents, thousands of captains of industries and scientists, next Wednesday.
A new ‘Cold War’ will be top priority during the World Economic Forum. But Climate Change – related to weather extremes – will also dominate the discussions. Davos hosts this international forum already for the 45th year. Davos discussions are always full of ideas, and some come to fruition. The Northern American Free Trade Agreement – linking the United States, Canada and Mexico – was first proposed at an informal meeting for political leaders in Davos.
List of important politicians
Chancellor Merkel (Germany), president Hollande (France), president Zuma (South Africa) as well as the (vice) presidents of China, Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt, Russia, Jordan, Ukraine and a lot of others will be in Davos.
They meet the celebs
Davos has always had its sprinkling of celebrities, but Hollywood and rock stars like Matt Damon, Goldie Hawn and Bono have been a fairly recent addition. One of the early celebrity stars at Davos was the violinist and conductor Yehudi Menuhin. Besides Pharrel, Matt Damon and Goldie, also Football international Zinedine Zidane, F1 champion Lewis Hamilton, music stars Roman Keating and Andrea Bocelli will join.
- 4th International Conference on Earth Science & ClimateChange June 15-17, 2015 Alicante, Spain
- Climate Summit New York: ambitious goals and initiatives
- Carbon map – which countries are responsible forclimate change?
- New Energy needs a long term scope because climatechange is a long-term issue
- Designing sustainable infrastructure to meet the water demand of future generations