Climate Change Initiatives from Geneva 2015
194 countries reached an agreement on climate change in Geneva last February 2015. This blog is about highlights and hundreds of initiatives from all over the world.
And – a global award will be given in November 2015 to the most scalable and replicable project that helps tackling climate change. Maybe yours?
Highlights of worlds conference are:
- The investments in renewables are exponential over the last 3 years and integration into the grid is now better understood.
- Fossil fuels are out. Only the companies that realize the tide is turning will be able to execute an orderly and profitable transition.
- Corporations are increasingly leading the charge. In Davos, the B Team announced its initiative for 1000 companies to call for an intergovernmental directional signal of net zero emissions by 2050
- A good investment is the fact that most of the measures undertaken to address climate change—renewable energy, energy efficiency, smart agriculture, smart transportation, etc.—contribute not only to greenhouse gas management but are, at the same time, sustainable development contributions toward increased energy, food and water security, as well as toward better public health.
This is an overview of initiatives to make a better world.
- Palm Oil Trader leads with transparency initiative in order to protect forests
- Clean Energy Fund from Bloomberg must boost green energy in the USA
- Forrest opportunities reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation
- 14 cooperative initiatives: land use, resilence, low emission development, renewable energy, urban environment and energy efficiency
- 70 subnational region initiatives from all over the world
- 317 city initiatives
- 261 initiatives from companies: from food, beverage & tobacco to energy and biotechnology
How can you contribute?
By applying for 2015 momentum for change awards. If you think you have a scalable and replicable project that helps tackling climate change, you can nominate your project for an award. Deadline April 24, 2015.
The 2015 Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities will recognize climate action that is already achieving real results in four key areas:
Winning activities will be announced in November, 2015 and officially recognized and celebrated during a series of special events in December at the UN Climate Change Conference in Paris, France.
- Climate Change – Celebs saving the world in Davos
- Smart grid energy storage systems (dossier)
- Brazil dehydrates (dossier)
- Fresh water technologies from all over the world (dossier)
- Green city solutions (dossier)
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
or mail to email@example.com