Elestor introduces cheap hydrogen bromide flow battery
In November 2015, a field trial with local energy storage will start.
The hydrogen bromide flow battery (HBr) is a financially attractive battery for the temporary storage of electricity in buildings.
Electricity storage is needed to make optimal use of renewables in the grid. So far, batteries are still expensive. Only with cheap electricity storage, communities will be able to transform towards a smart, green grid.
Elestor Electricity Storage has developed a hydrogen bromide flow battery: a low cost, possible solution (EUR 0.05 / kWh.cycle). Until now, the results have been positive. Even the European Patent Office emphasizes this conclusion in its research report.
Office building test location
Soon the tests will start in an office building
- Solar panels will supply the office with power
- IT experts will provide connection to the building systems, the load supply of the batteries and for electric cars
- Financial experts will study how the battery on a larger scale can be used in buildings and industry
All about the Elestor Electricity Storage
- Smart Grids challenges and tools
- Smart Grid Battery: Molten Salt Battery
- Smart Grid Battery: Lithium-ion Battery
- Smart Grid Battery: Redox Flow Battery
- Smart Grid ‘Battery’: what about Compressed Air?
- Smart Grid Energy storage: Flywheels
- Smart Grid Energy storage: UltraCapacitors
Promising storage systems
- Floating train at 2000 km/h set to store 10% of Dutch electricity
- World’s first ‘Solar Battery’ runs on light and air
- NEW: clean ‘battery’ Hydrogen Storage Solution
- NEW: Organic Battery for almost every Renewable Energy Power Facility
- Aluminum battery loads in 1 Minute (Stanford)
- Green Battery Using Hydro-pneumatics
- Expected: sustainable battery from sea salt
- New water tank can retain > 90 percent of the energy
- Geothermal energy from old, closed coal mines
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org