Expedition The Channel 2017
Expedition The Channel 2017. Last year, organisation ‘By the Ocean We Unite’, sailed with a group to the North Pole.
Expedition ‘plastic soup’
- collect samples to support several research institutes worldwide (e.g. 5 Gyres, The Ocean Cleanup and the University of Leiden)
- spread international awareness
- let people join the expedition to learn all about plastic pollution, the possible consequences and solutions.
Marine plastic pollution has become one of the greatest environmental challenges of our time. By the Ocean we Unite Foundation (BTOWU) is a non-profit organisation with ANBI / charitable status that wants to prevent the environment from becoming more polluted with plastic waste than it already is. Research, awareness and solutions through (sailing)expeditions are our three key tools to achieve this goal.
Every expedition we make a documentary, filmed by a filmmaker from the country we visit, to have different perspectives on the subject. Part of the participation fee of the expedition members (20%) goes into a fund with which we support other (startup) initiatives that are working to reduce plastic pollution – on board we’ll discuss various initiatives and it’s up to the members to decide which one(s) they’ll support.
Did you know..
- that it is estimated that 80% of the plastic pollution in our oceans comes from land-based sources?
- that on average eight billion kilos of plastic ends up in our oceans every year? That is 23.000 kilos every single minute!
- that plastic in the oceans fragment into ever smaller particles, which potentially cause harm to marine life and humans?
- Rotterdam catches floating plastics
- Test Prototype Ocean CleanUp
- Volve Ocean Race ‘Team Brunel’ – every 37 seconds a piece of plastic rubbish
- Build your plastic recycling machine
- Pacific Plastic Soup worser than we thought
Stop the plastic soup initiatives in this dossier
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
mail to: email@example.com