Floating railway will store 10% of Dutch electricity
In a few years, a huge underground floating railway will store 10% of the Netherlands’ daily energy.
The energy storage costs will be 10% of the normal costs.
The energy ‘train’ storage system will compensate Dutch peaks and troughs in the supply and demand of green energy like wind and solar.
The surplus electricity from wind and solar is used to set in motion a pure-mass floating maglev train within a vacuum tunnel (2.5 kilometers) and can reach a speed of 2,000 kilometers per hour.
At the high speeds the energy train would operate at, G-Forces would reach 10G (10 times the force of gravity)
This enables 2.5 gigawatts of electricity to be stored for an eight-hour period or 400 megawatts for 48 hours.
The kinetic energy can be reconverted into electricity and fed into the grid.
The costs of investment of the system will be 1 to 2 billion euros (1,088 – 2,18 billion USD).
This outlay will ultimately pay for itself as a result of reduced investment in a new electricity grid and high-voltage masts.
Even with the large investment costs due to the construction, initial calculations show that this solution has the potential to be significantly cheaper than the alternatives being developed.
The video is showing an animation of the Energy Train
BetterWorldSolutions helps you to find sales partners
Overview latest energy storage systems
- Smart Grid Battery: Molten Salt Battery
- Smart Grid Battery: Lithium-ion Battery
- Smart Grid Battery: Redox Flow Battery
- Smart Grid ‘Battery’: what about Compressed Air?
- Smart Grid Energy storage: Flywheels
- Smart Grid Energy storage: UltraCapacitors
- NEW: clean ‘battery’ Hydrogen Storage Solution
- NEW: Organic Battery for almost every Renewable Energy Power Facility
- Aluminum battery loads in 1 Minute (Stanford)
- Green Battery Using Hydro-pneumatics
- Expected: sustainable battery from sea salt
- New water tank can retain > 90 percent of the energy
- Geothermal energy from old, closed coal mines
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
or mail to email@example.com