How does Natural Resources Conservation fit into to delivery of the SD model to the masses?
Would applying 8 sustainability criteria as summarizes in three pillars look something like this for housing?
UN Agencies have promoted at the Rio+20 summit areas and practices as models for sustainable development such as Biosphere Reserves.
Before discussing the SDG we should get a clearer idea about what it means to be a model including ‘best practices’.
- Attractive – Designed by local architects, assembled on a line, finished by local builders
- Accepted – Energy efficient, electronically transparent, non-conductive, termite proof
- Realistic – Safer, stronger, & longer lasting than other building enclosures
- Easy to understand – Same skeleton structure as wood & steel
- Visible and tangible – Identical as designed seamless neighborhood fit
- Reproducible – Custom homes or identical units framed on jigs for accuracy
- Measurable – Owner surveys, higher resale value, less maintenance
- Assessed continuously – Lower monthly insurance, utilities, & mortgage
- Attractive – Any style , size, or shape building with local materials for any cultural design
- Accepted – Green, disaster resistant, resilient, with up to 21 LEED points
- Realistic – Environmentally responsible: reuse, reclaim, re-purpose & recycle
- Easy to understand – Simple supervised production line assembly
- Visible and tangible – Dwellings without hurricane & flood damages
- Reproducible – Low cost lines turnkey in any country
- Measurable – Number of buildings made each shift
- Assessed continuously – By suppliers, internal QC, and code inspectors
- Attractive – 38% minimum plant operating profit custom or spec homes
- Accepted – Most resilient and lowest cost of all traditional building systems
- Realistic – Network trained, supervised, monitored, with new technology introductions
- Easy to understand – Living-wage jobs and economic development to self-sufficiency
- Visible and tangible – Open books from others in the network
- Reproducible – Same method of calculating costs & margins used by all members
- Measurable – Reports detailing network conformance
- Assessed continuously – Continuing consultancy & governmental accountability