Hydropower screw turbine for nature park
Landustrie delivered a hydropower screw turbine to the Penllergare Valley Trust in Wales, UK.
The Trust welcomed the screw turbine as its electricity production is an important financial corner stone of the wood’s restoration program.
The 40 feet long screw turbine was placed in the woods next to the waterfall. After years of planning, volunteers restoring Penllergare Valley Woods finally took delivery of the screw which generates hydro power.
Water from the lake at Penllergare Valley Woods flows downwards to the river below, turning the screw to produce electricity. This power will be fed to the site’s new visitor centre and also to the National Grid.
Landustrie is a producer of screw pump, covering the Archimedes hydropower screw. An efficient use of water power is already achieved at a level difference of 1 meter and a capacity of 500 l/sec.
- The turbine is made from reinforced plastic and is suited to smaller, domestic sites producing less than 15kw.
- The Turbine is designed and manufactured in UK and is easily transported and installed with minimal construction works.
- It is a fish friendly, efficient device for converting the potential energy in water to electricity.
There are Archimedes Screw Turbines currently available in the market, but these are made from metal and are thus expensive to manufacture, transport and install. They are suited to large scale sites where you might hope to generate more than 50Kw. The Archimedes Screw Turbine is the turbine of choice of the Environment Agency, due to its low impact on the environment.
The largest capacity and level difference for hydropower screws is as much as 15000 l/sec. at 10 meter.
Landustrie delivered Archimedes hydropower screws to Switzerland, France and United Kingdom.
- Positive business case for producing hydrogen on Oil Platforms in the North Sea
- Energizing surface cycle lane generates electricity
- South Australia gets 40% of its electricity from wind and solar
- Biogas system transfers soil into gas and electricityfor African farmers
- Ecos PowerCube generates electricity, purifies water and provides WiFi all over the World
- Dutch city generates electricity from living plants
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
Send us your question: firstname.lastname@example.org