IKEA sells home batteries
The home batteries are offered in combination with solar panels. Customers who have already purchased solar panels through IKEA can expand their system with a home battery.
Solarcentury will provide the hardware, from existing suppliers including LG and German manufacturer Sonnen.
According to IKEA and Solarcentury, a typical British household currently uses 40 percent of the solar energy they are generating. The remaining 60 percent is returned to the energy network. By adding a home battery, the percentage of self-consumption can be increased up to 80 percent. In addition, the savings on the energy bill will double and increase to 70 percent.
The total investment for the solar panels combined with the home battery amounts to about 7,000 pounds. This means that the total return of investment period of IKEA’s total system is about 12 years. It is a LG Chem home battery. See the video below explaining the system’s method.
- Sonnen: 40% cheaper home battery
- Piko Home Battery System
- Orison plug and play home battery system
- Blue Ion Continuum – powerful home battery
Have you seen this?
- Smart grid energy storage systems (dossier)
- Smart grid projects and case studies (dossier)
- Pros & Cons of (renewable) Energy Sources (dossier)
- Trending renewable energy technologies and initiatives (dossier)
BetterWorldSolutions helps you to find high qualified leads and sales partners
Send us your question: firstname.lastname@example.org