Kite power game-changer
Enevate developed a game-changer in the wind energy sector: Kite power energy
This is great Airborne Wind Energy. The kite power is a cost-effective alternative to existing wind-power turbines.
The patented technology uses 90% less material while being twice as efficient as existing technologies.
Enevate’s airborn power systems use high-performance kites for cost-competitive electricity generation.
- Unlike conventional wind turbines, kite power systems does not require resource intensive towers or heavy foundations and is thus highly mobile and easy to deploy
- Being able to harness stronger and more persistent winds at higher altitudes allows for capacity factors higher than 0.5 and in return cost-effective electricity generation
- The e100, is especially suited for replacing diesel generator sets in remote locations in order to save costs and mitigate the dependency of diesel supply
Higher and more constant wind speeds
Power generation is realized by a generator on the ground. The kite pulls out the tether with positive electricity output and is pulled in at the end of the cycle with less negative output by adjusting the angle of wing to wind, thus lowering the opposing force. Generally speaking, the AWE system allows wind farms at higher altitudes which goes hand in hand with higher and more constant wind speeds.
This Airborne Power System is nominated for the Dutch Military Award 2016. The Dutch Army wants to be less dependent on fossils in the future.
- Kite Power reality by Roosegaarde
- Funding for a Wind Power generator
- Japanese breakthrough triples wind power
- Energizing surface cycle lane generates electricity
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
Send us your question: email@example.com