LED will change your bill
LED (Light Emitting Diode) – lighting is an excellent alternative for halogen, fluorescent, savings and high pressure lamps. Especially for businesses.
With high quality LED lamps, you will save a lot on your electricity bill and you are reducing CO2 emissions.
Let’s have a look.
The life span of quality LED bulbs is at least 50,000 hours. Of course it’s depending on on the ambient temperatures but in normal office conditions from 5 – 25oC (41 – 77oF), you will enjoy this wonderful light.
Return on investment
The return on investment – changing from tubes to LED tubes – is between, 1.5 and 3 years, at 45 hours of light per week. This fast ROI is because of:
The light emitting diodes indicate hardly infrared or ultraviolet radiation. Therefore, the energy is primarily used for the visible spectrum. Because of that, LED tubes are generating less heat than incandescent lamps and CFL lamps.
- A traditional light bulb converts less than 10% of the electricity into useful light
- Quality LED tubes lamps, convert more than 50%
- A LED lamp shines in one direction. They don’t need mirrors nor reflectors to direct the light. Therefore less light is lost
- 50 to 80 percent fewer CO2 emissions
- better light
Excellent lux values, dispersion and uniform light distribution
- Pay back period
Lighting costs are primarily determined by the wattage, the working hours and the life time of the lamp. Payback periods to replace AG8 by LED tubes will be between 1.5 -3 years with more than 45 hours / week. And of course these 45 working hours are normal for businesses
The 5-star Manhattan Hotel in Rotterdam replaced 500 halogen lamps (on 14 corridors) by LED luminaires. Investments: 40.000 euro’s (43,700 dollars).
- The electricity savings are € 20,000 per year. This is € 40 per lamp
- The technical service doesn’t have to spend any more time or money to replace the halogen lamps or transformers.
- On average, the temperature dropped in the corridors with 1.8 ° C after replacing by the LEDs
- The lights don’t need to be dimmed and are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including the investments in the housing and other savings on cooling and working hours, the payback by Manhattan is estimated at 1.2 years.
Covered Ski Slope the Uithof in The Hague replaced all 66 HPS lamps with LED High-bay lamps.
- Total electricity for lighting halved from 100,000 to 54,000 kWh per year.
- The previous HPS lamps generated a lot of heat (295 watts per lamp) so the snow melted under the lights. Therefore the previous lamps had to be cooled. With LED lights, this is no longer an issue.
- Previously, the indoor ski slope had to replace the HPS lamps every 2 years. The LED lights will work at least 10 years before they have to be replaced.
- The LED lamps are optimally cooled at -4 °C (24.8oF)
Delta Air Lines is going to retrofit its fleet to include LED lights in order to increase efficiency in its fleet
- First 772 of the 1224 planes (Boeing 737, 777 and Airbus A 320, A380) will change lights to the T800 LED lighting, plug-in compatible tubes.
- Even though neither the carrier nor the company released more details, T800 should reduce power consumption in double-digit percentage, leading to a minuscule, but still bottom-line affecting reduction in fuel burn and emissions (our take is in 0.0XX%, which could still mean saving of up to $50k per aircraft per year)
Certainty about the savings should include the warranty period of the LED bulbs. Good producers provide at least 3 years, preferably 5 year warranty. Do you need a good LED expert in your regio? Ask your financial advisor (lease/bank) or ask info@BetterWorldSolutions.eu
BetterWorldSolutions helps you to find sales partners
- LED Street Lights Are Energy Savers
- Buildings can still save a lot of energy
- Plumen 001 Lightbulb uses 80% less energy
- Green and smart building design with 4D
- First Cradle-To-Cradle Business Park In The Netherlands