New: Carbon absorbing stone
This new stone is absorbing carbon during the production process. The ‘Compensatiesteen’ (Compensation Stone) is a spectacular revolution for the constructions industry.
Building a house and save 5000 kg carbon is possible thanks to the use of innovative building blocks. This so-called Compensation Stone – developed by The RuwBouw Group – contains sand, granules and a binder.
CO2 is bound with a binder to create a new, hard stone-like building material. According to De RuwBouw Groep, the compensation stone is extremely durable. It’s an industrial product and, moreover, affordable and easy to use, using traditional processing methods. During the production proces of the Compensation Stone, CO2 has been used instead of produced! In total, it is about 250 kg / m³.
Compensation stone is tight and edgy in shape with a gray color. The blocks have a smooth surface and can be provided with a slanted side. The stones have a profile on the front sides and a hollow / dol profile at the top and bottom.
Compensation stone is provisionally available for non-bearing walls. The RuwBouw Group expects that constructive applications will be available by the end of 2017. The blocks are easy to cut to length with the usual stone-cutting materials. The RuwBouw Group has developed a special low carbon glue mortar. This mortar has a similar color as the stone is available in 25kg waterproof PE bags. The mortar properties are tailored to the material properties of the Compensation Stone and tested for their smoothness, adhesion, density, etc.
More specific information
- Have a look at the site for sizes and isolation measures
- A powerpoint presentation (in Dutch)
- Video (in Dutch)
RuwBouw Groep, Netherlands
E. Ben Kruseman email@example.com
Ph. +31 341 464 000
- Green Cement is a growing Market
- New Cement with huge Carbon Reductions
- Decreasing amount of CO2 at the production of Cement
- Mecalithe® in Concrete saves 1.5 billion tonnes of CO2
- Concrete ECOFORTO with 30% less cement, 35% CO2 reduction, 30% recycled materials
- Recycle your concrete and save CO2
- Houton®: ‘green’ concrete with wood
- Ecoblock sustainable dike protector
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
ask your question and mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org