Diatom Algae based Sewage Treatment cleans rivers and lakes
While the drought continues in large parts of the world. We need to reuse all our water. Including water from the industry an agriculture.
But what if this water is polluting rivers and lakes?
Well this biological Diatom Algae based Sewage Treatment is the most sustainable sewage treatment solution for lakes and rivers worldwide.
It is not at all common to reuse treated sewage. Worldwide only a very small quantity of treated sewage is reused. The current treatment processes are not targeted at reuse of treated sewage. The treatment is only to enable discharge into large waterbodies.
Removing nutrients from large waterways
Removing nutrients from large waterways is not being practiced at present. The challenge is to treat wastewater fully at a lower cost. And that’s why we promote Diatom Algae.
Diatom Algae cleans ALL water in the world of nutrient ( N and P ) pollutants
- Nualgi is dissolved into the water and this causes a bloom of Diatom Algae within minutes.
- Bubbles of oxygen released by the Diatoms can be clearly seen, this starts within minutes and continues for upto 2 weeks.
- This oxygen is available to Aerobic Bacteria and these breakdown the organic matter in the water.
- Diatoms are consumed by Zooplankton and these by fish.
- Thus Nualgi results in the remediation of the lake and in increasing fish yield.
- The Blue Green algae in the lake can be seen crashing out in 2 hours of the use of Nualgi, this floats up and the lake appears dirtier than it was at the begining, but this is just part of the cleaning up process.
- And it’s cheap comparing with other treatment processes.
Everyone is spending money on collecting sewage, treating it and then disposing off the treated sewage into lakes, rivers and oceans. When it is disposed off into lakes and rivers, it gets reused indirectly but when discharged into oceans the fresh water is wasted.