Sailtrip to Norway
Would you like a sailtrip to the pole region and find out all about cleaning up the plastic soup in the oceans?
Ocean We Unite presents an expedition to sail up to Norway. From August 22 till September 4, 2016.
From the website:
(…) Are you ready for the expedition of the year?! Are you interested in sailing and looking for new adventures? If so, then hop on on sailing vessel the Fantastiko and sail along with By The Ocean We Unite’s first expedition “Up to Norway’’. (…)
By The Ocean We Unite is a non-profit organization which combines your sailing holiday with a contribution to a cleaner and better world.
During the expedition we will cross the North Sea to reach our final destination: Norway. We will do this while sailing on the Fantastiko, a beautiful two-mast ketch with space for up to ten expedition members and the Crew.
The crossing will take a couple of non-stop offshore sailing days on the North Sea.
On this sailtrip, you don’t have te be an experienced ocean sailor. So don’t worry. The experienced crew loves to teach you all the ins-and-outs of offshore sailing. You may join in keeping watch during the night, steer the ship and help with the handling of the sail.
You get to witness the beautiful rising sun over the boundless blue horizon, and at night the countless stars that sparkle in the dark.
Help clean our oceans
The adventure on the Fantastiko is not just about sailing. Besides the daily sailing activities, we will also involve ourselves in one of the biggest challenges of our time: the gigantic amount of plastic that -unfortunately- floats in our oceans.
- We will do research on plastic pollution and help out with global research
- Together we will learn more about plastic pollution and its impact on our oceans, wildlife and humanity
- Because this is a problem that affects us all, we should strive to create more awareness among people and stand together while discouraging further plastic pollution.
- With the group we will debate and discuss these themes -and many more- and see what WE can do for a plastic-free water world.
Your money, you decide
During the sailtrip expedition we will discover Norway in all her pristine beauty. While sailing around in the beautiful Norwegian fjords, we will experience the local way of living, make new friends and have the time of our lives!
However, besides all the great fun we will have exploring Norway, we travel around with money we raised in order to donate or invest this. To whom or what we will donate the money is not decided yet.
Since YOU have raised the funds by booking this expedition, it is your money to give away. As a team you will decide in what kind of project you would like to invest or to what charity you want to donate. This could be a project you already knew before coming to Norway or a project we will discover during our travels.
Together we will not just experience a holiday we will never forget, but also experience the powerful energy of giving.
€ 500,- will be donated to local charity
- 3 meals a day
- the crew, petrol
- port charges
- end clean up
- coffee, tea and water
- Excluding: other drinks and tourist tax.2 weeks sailing and living on the Fantastiko 22-08 till 04-09 2016 will cost € 2.499This includes:
Rotterdam – Bergen – Rotterdam
The sailtrip will start in Rotterdam for 4 days of offshore sailing, up north to Bergen, Norway. From Bergen we will discover the Norwegian fjords and sail south to Stavanger within 7 days. In Stavanger we will do the necessary preparations for the 3 day cross-over back to Rotterdam, Holland.
More things to know about the expedition
- You don’t need to have any sailing experience. Our enthusiastic crew will show you how it’s done!
- A chance to see dolphins and whales in the wild
- Because of the weather there may be changes in the route
- We will sleep on board every night
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you to find high qualified leads and sales partners
Send us your question: email@example.com