SmartCity Pilot Chicago
Chicago plans to invest in a new fiber optic ring to achieve gigabit speed over an open network.
By combining this new network with a competitive price point, it hopes to create an incentive for digital technology companies to locate in, or re-locate to, Chicago.
Chicago is working on the concept of sharing spectrum allocated for public safety, so that, when available, it can be used for small cells, cell phones, and so on.
Grids for health and services
With a view to improving the existing Chicago health system, the city is investing in Chicago Health Atlas; a website used to display aggregate, map-based health information.
It is also investing in a program and platform for real-time, open data infrastructure investment.
In collaboration with the Illinois Science and Technology Challenge, the Illinois Open Technology Challenge has been launched to bring government, developers, and communities together.
The city also offers hosted web space to support people or organizations that want to create services that make Chicago better.
SmartCity Chicago Collaborative
This Smart Collaborative collects 4 pilots in the city
- The City that NetWorks
A key positioning report on what steps the Smart Chicago Collaborative would like to take in the area of digital inclusion
- Digital Skills Initiative
A central hub for coordinating technology training across departments and delegate agencies that have received federal funding
- Connect Chicago
A loose network of more than 250 places in the city where Internet and computer access, digital skills training, and online learning resources are available free of charge
- Smart Health Centers
Trained health information specialists are placed in clinics in low-income areas to help patients connect to their own medical records and find reliable information about their conditions
- Smart Cities do have an integrated IT Technology
- Monaco 3.0, Smart Grid and Internet of Things development
- Smart City Projects in Stockholm: Structuring a Dialog with Citizens and Private Companies
- Smart City Projects in Boston: Connecting Citizens with City Services
- Smart City Projects in Rio de Janeiro: Using Safety to Attract New Business
- Smart City Projects in Hong Kong are focusing on ICT
- Smart City Pilot Projects in Chicago
- Business Models and KPIs for Smart Cities
Have you seen this?
- Lessons learned from Smart Grid Projects, Studies & Models (dossier)
- Overview Smart Grid Companies and StartUps (dossier)
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
Missing your project on the list?
Send us your project/study/model/product firstname.lastname@example.org