Smart Grids: The Future Is Now
Now it’s time for Smart Grids. Wind power is generated in North West Europe; solar energy increases from all over Europe.
This electricity needs to be transported to big cities like London, Paris and Rotterdam. Electricity: from far and much megawatts, to little and locally.
The future is now
In addition, there are many local, small-scale power generators and an increasing electricity demand by electric cars. Europe needs Smart Grids to coordinate supply and demand. This is an exciting period of time. How do we accelerate Smart Grids?
- We need to store renewable power to compensate peak demands
- More collaboration is needed between producers, advisory and demanding organizations
- More knowledge and best practices needs to be shared on all levels of professionals. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.
- Smart EU regulations are needed to integrate networks within an established energy networks in order to transfer to a robust and adaptable structure of power networks
According to WWF’s Global 2050 scenario, the EU is on track to reach 100% renewable energy. It should be possible to decrease the energy consumption by more than 30% and generate about half of the remaining energy needs from renewable sources by 2030. This is the link for the EU Energy Roadmap 2050.
Climate fight won’t wait for Paris: We need to collaborate now. Read the article.
What makes a Grid Smart?
Grids get smart because of the added digital technology (controls, computers, software automation). This allows two-way communication between the utility and its customers. The sensing along the transmission lines is what makes the grid smart.
Technologies will work with the electrical grid to respond digitally to our quickly changing electric demand.
Smart Grid benefits
- More efficient transmission of electricity
- Quicker restoration of electricity after power disturbances
- Reduced operations and management costs for utilities, and ultimately lower power costs for consumers
- Reduced peak demand, which will also help lower electricity rates
- Increased integration of large-scale renewable energy systems
- Better integration of customer-owner power generation systems, including renewable energy systems
- Improved security
- Overview Smart grid Energy Storage Systems
- Giant California Solar Star power plant enters the Grid
- Europe’s largest Energy Storage Test Plant in the UK
- This high efficient Generator uses -/- 90% Bio-Fuel comparing traditional ones
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
ask your question and mail us: email@example.com