SmartestEnergy Triad Alerting Service Saves Tons
SmartestEnergy developed a Triad Alerting Service for businesses and industries which saves tons of electricity costs in periods of electricity peak demands.
Triads are the three half-hour periods of highest system demand between November and February each year, separated by at least ten clear days.
The following factors all have an impact on the occurrence of the Triad periods:
- When it gets dark
- Embedded wind generation
- Overlap of business and domestic demand
SmartestEnergy 90% success
SmartestEnergy’s dedicated Energy Management team provides a Triad warning service. They will alert you when a Triad is possible so you can prepare and react accordingly.
Each warning comes with:
- A likelihood scale to help you understand the possibility of it being one of the three triad periods
- Forecast of peak within day demand to compare to previous peaks in the same season
- Commentary to explain why the alert has been sent
Although it is becoming more difficult to predict when Triads might fall, potential benefits of doing so are becoming more attractive with significant increases in Triad charges forecast in the years ahead.
That means there will be greater opportunities for generators to cash in, although given Triads are getting harder to predict, they will have to run plant more frequently over winter periods to maximise their chances of hitting one. Intermittent generation such as wind farms can also benefit from Triad periods.
SmartestEnergy offers a Triad alerting service which highlighted two of the three Triad periods last winter as “very likely” candidates which gave customers forewarning to take action if possible to optimize their position.
Since 2008/09 the team has had a 90% success rate in calling Triad periods.
Do you want to know more?
- Saint-Gobain ‘powers down’. Savings: £165,000
- 10 – 40% savings on energy costs with demand software
- 320,000 Customers will participate in Demand Response Programs California
- Orison plug and play home battery system
- Energy Storage Option: Smart Water Heaters
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
Send us your question: firstname.lastname@example.org