Solar Power Much Cheaper In 2014
The prices of Solar Power Systems dropped by 9 to 12 percent in 2014.
Prices are going down for years now but this is spectacular.
Reason of the drop of prices are: competition of cours, more efficient installations and operations, scaling of the productions and sharp biddings.
More advantages of Solar Power
- Prices have been dropped down by 49% since 2010
- In the US, Solar Power is giving employment to 174,000 people
- More than 25% of all new homes being built in Southern California are being constructed with solar power systems
- California reaches 10 gigawatts (GW) of installed solar capacity – enough to power nearly 2.5 million homes
- Because of sold (smart) solar power systems, the economy has been growing nearly 18 billion a year
More jobs and savings
- Solar Power Pros & Cons
- How Does Wind Energy Work? Including Pros & Cons
- Dossier Smart Grid Challenges and Tools
- India Targets 10,000 of Solar Power to Fuel Stations
- Zero emission technology for Power Plants
- A new way to produce hydrogen from clean, renewable energy sources
- Power-to-gas: an option for the energy system of the future?
- The story of hydrogen with solar power
- Semprius has come up with three key innovations for cheaper solar power
- Giant California Solar Star power plant enters the Grid