Sustainable and Renewable products based on Soy Beans
The rising price of petroleum and increasing concerns about the environmental impact of chemical cleaners and strippers has sparked an interest in biobased solvents. Methyl soyate, a methyl ester derived from soybean oil, is the key ingredient in an eco-friendly mix. This low-cost, readily biodegradable alternative could replace some of the 460 million pounds of traditional chlorinated and petroleum solvents.
Building with Soy? Watch this video
Here is a list of new Soy products: You can also check out USB’s Soy Products Guide
Do you want to know which bioplastic events in Europe are organized. Please take a look at the Events. Especially end of september – november 2014.
- MASEO (Maleinated Acrylated Epoxidized Soybean Oil) –A soybean-oil-based resin used to make plastic. It is made by Dixie Chemical Company, Inc. Check out some of my tweets yesterday about Dixie Chemical’s presentation.
- Innergy™ Rigid Thermal Reinforcements – A fiberglass and soy-based urethane insert that slides into window frames for greater support and insulation. It is marketed by Deceuninck North America.
- INFIGREEN® Recycled Polyols – Produced by Emery Oleochemicals, and are used in foam seats of the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango.
COATINGS /PRINTING INKS/SOLVENTS
- SoBind™ Balance – By DuPont™ is used in coatings and adhesives..
- Varathane Diamond Floor –A wood-floor coating containing soy flour. It is made by Rust-Oleum®..
- G.E.T. Biobased Safety Yellow – A zero-volatile-organic-compound (VOC) coating that contains soybean oil, biodiesel glycerin and soy methyl ester. It is made by Niemann & Associates.
- ProClassic® –A multipurpose water-based soy acrylic alkyd primer, satin deck and siding product line made by Sherwin-Williams.
- Pro-Park® – A soy- based parking-lot paint by Sherwin-Williams.
- Meta-Tec® Products –Soy-based adhesive products for floor-covering installations, including carpet, resilient flooring and wood adhesives. They are made by W.F. Taylor Company.
- PSA64MA –A soy-based material by Applied Protein Systems that is used in adhesives on paper cones where yarn and thread are wound.
- Millenium One Step™ Green Insulation Adhesive –A soy-based, all-weather adhesive by ADCO used to install flooring.
- Elemental –A soy-based wood-composite adhesive that is formaldehyde-free. It is available from States Industries.
- PSA35MA –A soy-based material used to coat paperboard. It is made by Applied Protein Systems.
- SUNKOTE® AU 4203 and 4240 –Soy-based products that are used as lubricants for paper and paperboard coatings. They are made by Omnova Solutions.
- Armeen® S –A corrosion inhibitor for oilfields that is made by Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry, LLC.
- Ethomeen® S/12 –A cleansing surfactant for oilfields and dry cleaning that is made by Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry, LLC.
- Arquad® SV 60 PG –A foaming, antistatic, emulsifier, wetting agent used in laundry products from Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry.
- Larostat® 264A –An antistatic material that holds textile products together. It is made by BASF Corp.
- Agnique® SBO 10 –A soybean oil used in agricultural products, manufactured by BASF Corp.
- Comperlan® VOD – A thickener for personal-care products from BASF Corp.
- Prifac™ 8953 – An emulsifying agent for household products. It is made by Croda, Inc.
- HY- 3200 Emulsiyfing Soy Wax – By Dow Corning Corp, a material that allows ingredients in personal-care products to smoothly blend together.
- SERADOX NAD 20 – By Elementis Specialties, is an antistatic material for softening and smoothly blending personal-care products.
- LAMCHEM™ PE-130 K – Improves the taste of food products and also serves as a pressure lubricant on metals. It is made by Lambent Technologies Corp.
- Lipovol® SOY – Adds a soft, smooth skin-feel to personal care products. It is made by Lipo Chemicals, Inc.
- Chemonic™ SI-7Surfacant – Builds the thickness of personal-care products and stabilizes foam. It is made by Lubrizol Corp.
- Schercomid™ SLL – Thickens personal care products. It is made by Lubrizol Corp.
- Schercoquat™ SOAS-PG – A hair conditioner for personal care products made by Lubrizol Corp.
- Quatrex™ S Conditioning Agent – A conditioning agent for personal-care products, made by Lubrizol Corp.
- Amidex™ S Surfactant – Helps create personal-care products that foam and feel like soap. It is made by Lubrizol Corp.
- Chembetaine™ S-FA Surfactant – Adds special properties for personal-care products. It is manufactured and marketed by Lubrizol Corp.
- Chemoxide™ SO Surfactant – Offsets hard water in household/personal-care products. It is made byLubrizol Corp.
- Potassium Soyate – A soy soap with glycerin as a moisturizer, made by Lubrizol Corp.
- ACCOSOFT® 750 – Used as a fabric softener for laundry products. It is made by Stepan Company.
- PETROSTEP® Q-50S – A unique ingredient used in oilfields as a down-hole corrosion inhibitor. It is made by Stepan Company.
EMERGING INDUSTRIAL OPPORTUNITIES
- SoBind™ HARMONY, Impression and CLARITY – Soy polymers that replace harsh synthetic and animal-based ingredients in a variety of products to make the products thicker, smoother and more colorful. They are made by DuPont™.