The Sea Ranch: one of the most inspiring places in the world
In 1964, Al Boeke, architect and Vice President for Community Planning, fell in love with the barren and grand Rancho Del Mar in California USA.
He wanted to develop a natural community and made a dream come true.
The Sea Ranch became one of the most inspiring places in the world full filling a regenerative country-life colony within a wildlife preserve.
The Sea Ranch links buildings and natural beauty into a perfect community with the aim of dynamic conservation or ‘living lightly on the land’. Each landscape element can be recognized because of it’s natural form and scale.
The used building materials are pure, rough and simple.
- Details such as exteriors of unpainted wood or muted stains, a lack of overhanging eaves, and baffles on exterior lighting subdue the appearance of the buildings in the landscape.
- Lighting is also baffled to minimize nighttime light pollution; there are no street lights, and the night sky is dazzling.
- The lack of roof overhangs is also intended to allow the near-constant strong breezes to pass over the buildings without the turbulence the overhangs would create.
- A herd of sheep is used to keep grass cut low to the ground to reduce the threat of fire during the summer months.
- Not new, wow it’s a complete circular building
- Grace Farms Building green building example nr. #1
- Green buildings top 10
- 10 tips for building a green community
Have you seen this?
BetterWorldSolutions helps you finding qualified leads and sales partners, world wide
Ask us your question: email@example.com