Top 100 US organizations using renewable energy
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Green Power Partnership has released a new list of the top 100 organizations that use electricity from renewable sources, such as solar and wind power.
Intel on top of the list
Intel Corp. continues its seven-year run as the nation’s largest voluntary user of green power, meeting 100% of its electricity load with renewable resources. Other technology companies in the top 10 include Microsoft Corp., Google Inc. and Apple Inc. The list is calculated based on annual green power usage in kWh by Green Power Partners. The top 10 partners are as follows:
- Intel Corp. Santa Clara, Calif.
- Kohl’s Department Stores, Menomonee Falls, Wis.
- Microsoft Corp. Redmond, Wash.
- Whole Foods Market, Austin, Texas
- Google Inc., Mountain View, Calif.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Bentonville, Ark.
- Staples, Framingham, Mass.
- Apple Inc., Cupertino, Calif.
- City of Houston
- U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C.
For more information on the top 100 list and other rankings, click here.
More than ever, we know that our goal to be supplied 100 percent by renewable energy is the right goal and that marrying up renewables with energy efficiency is especially powerful. The math adds up pretty quickly – when we use less energy that’s less energy we have to buy, and that means less waste and more savings.– Mike Duke, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc