Your green world: contribute to this vessel cleans rivers and canals
Entrepreneur De Waard started the Foundation SarasWater and now introduces a vessel that cleans rivers and canals from plastics. While snorkeling on vacation, he was astonished by the amount of plastics in the water.
The Foundation needs 20,000 euros to develop a prototype which can catch plastic particles to 2 millimeters to big parts.
When he has realized the $ 20,000 crowdfunding, a Consultant in Rotterdam will spent another $ 10,000 on top. The total target amount of the project is 40,000 euros.
Presentation of the vessel will be at Sail Amsterdam, summer 2015. The river IJ in Amsterdam, and maybe also the canals will be cleaned. By cleaning at such events, the Foundation hopes to earn enough money for further development. The goal is to ultimately develop a full vessel that can be used in rivers and the sea. See the impression of the ‘Y Columbus’:
- Research: 30 times more Plastic in Oceans by 2025
- Plastic Recycling to top quality final products
- Green & Profit : From Ocean Plastics to Carpets
- Mexicans reduce 50% footprint recycling plastics
- Volvo Ocean Race – every 37 seconds a piece of plastic rubbish
- The Oceans Clean Up! Remarkable Project
- Forget PET, forever! It’s PEF from now on!